Sunday, February 14, 2010

Opening Ceremony - Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games

I'm really excited to be competing in this year's games. Walking into opening ceremonies, the Kinfolk News flag is flying.

 My flag is a little different from the other competitors because I chose not to represent my global connections.  My research is focused in the United States thus my flag is mainly made up of "Old Glory".  Those of you with Texas connections will recognize the blue field and "lone star" on the end of my flag.  A majority of my family was and is southern so I felt it fitting to use a symbol of the south, the "Bonnie Blue Flag".


I plan to compete in all six categories. 

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!

2.  Back Up Your Data!

3. Organize Your Research!

4.  Expand Your Knowledge

5. Write, Write, Write!

6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!

Since this is my first competition, my goal is simply to medal in each category.  These categories are really going to push me genealogically for the next two weeks.  

Good Luck to all the competitors!




Copyright © 2010 Regina De León. All rights reserved.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails